Time-Stamped Show Notes
- 00:48 – Jay Weinberg gives an introduction of himself.
- 02:00 – He shares how Artunity began and how he became an artist.
- 06:34 – Artunity is designed to end the starving artist myth.
- 08:04 – The start of the “starving artist” myth and the “superstar” musicians get examined.
- 13:51 – Creative means to be really open and tapping into your imagination.
- 15:46 – Reality is actually fiction.
- 16:52 – Whatever you have inside you that you need to express. you have to let it out.
- 19:38 – Jay met Gary Vaynerchuk in his New York City office.
- 21:00 – What ever happened to being social in real life offline? People hide behindsocial media.
- 22:20 – Business doesn’t have to be a negative stigma for creatives.
- 24:51 – If your brand is an honest extension and an amplification of who you are,then there should be no conflict in balancing your art with business.
- 30:32 – Jay made a low budget music video for fun that went viral with over 250,000 views overnight.
- 34:15 – We don’t have to pigeonhole our self with just one topic.
- 37:09 – The Artunity app is like Instagram meets GoFundMe.
- 44:39 – Artunity artists can post art, sculpture, hand bags, and various one-off pieces of art.
- 46:10 – Jay is working all the time.
Reviews Help a Ton!
Thanks for joining me again this week. If you have any tips, suggestions, or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Thank you!
And finally, please leave an honest review for The Tri Town Advice Givers Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.