In this episode of Tri Town Advice Givers, host Mark Borst interviews Christian Jorgensen, who is currently the president of the St. John Town Council and a candidate for Lake County Council’s 7th District. Christian has been a practicing attorney for over 20 years in both Illinois and Indiana, representing businesses and financial institutions. Christian explains the political situation in his area, what his experience is for the position, and internal information about what needs to be done to help the community.
Time-Stamped Show Notes
- ● 00:50 – Christian Jorgensen met Mark Borst in undergraduate level college and
they were in the same fraternity Delta 6.
● 02:50 – Lake County Council can incur debt, that means float bonds. Therein lies
the problem. As the debt rate goes up, so do taxes, so do all of our
● 03:36 – Lake County is approximately 660 square miles, Christian has about half of
that: Hanover Township, part of St. John, Crown Point, Lake Dale, Cedar
Lake, Lowell, Winfield, and all the way down to Shelby.
● 05:57 – Christian is planning to apply similar types of programs that he brought to
St. John on a wider level to Lake County Council.
● 09:28 – Christian’s opponent has touting a hiring freeze that save the county a half
a million dollars, which he states is untrue.
● 14:03 – The national politics stage can taint the way voters see Democrats and
● 14:36 – The Times of Northwest Indiana editorial board endorses Christian
● 16:07 – The primary election turn-outs are typically dismal.
● 18:42 – Lake County has been typically Democratic, but it is starting to turn
● 20:04 – Moms and Dads are sharing responsibilities beyond typical gender roles
more frequently these days.
● 22:04 – The primary is Tuesday May 8th 2018, but there are early voting spots.
● 22:39 – If you don’t vote, you haven’t earned the right to criticize politicians.
Reviews Help a Ton!
Thanks for joining me again this week. If you have any tips, suggestions, or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Thank you!
And finally, please leave an honest review for The Tri Town Advice Givers Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.