Mark Borst, owner of Versatile Real Estate Solutions and Co-Founder of Impact Club and Today’s Host of the Tri Town Advice Givers Podcast, interviews Barbara Muckel, the Executive Director of Xcel 2 Fitness – NWIndiana. Barbara discusses her passion for getting involved in X 2 Fitness, what the program entails, how it is beneficial to young boys, and what the surrounding community can do to get involved.
Time-Stamped Show Notes
- 00:50 – Barbara is a native of northwest Indiana, she has been involved in Xcel 2 Fitness for two years, and prior to that: Girls on the Run of Northwest Indiana where she coached and is now a board member.
- 04:28 – Xcel 2 Fitness is a six-week program with 12 sessions that uses the fundamental skills of fitness: speed, agility, balance, and strength to build character using a curriculum that changes every season focusing on leadership, goal-setting, and teamwork
- 06:20 – At the end of the 6-weeks, they host the Dream Chaser Challenge Obstacle Course Race that is the boys compete in as a team.
- 15:35 – Xcel 2 Fitness boys have to do community involvement initiatives like cleaning their school or making cards for veterans to give back to their community.
- 17:51 – Barbara physically goes to as many schools as she can during the off-season with packets of information.
- 19:19 – There is a registration fee, but no boy will be turned away do to financial hardship and she goes to businesses for sponsorship.
- 20:04 – Barbara has several people that assist on the board and volunteers.
- 23:11 – Obstacles that Xcel 2 Fitness faces is finding sponsors and donors, and getting people to volunteer to be coaches.
- 27:40 – “Prime to Perform” is a book about creating a culture for business that is one that Barbara read and she also enjoys Tim Ferriss’ podcast and books.
- 29:42 – Barbara loves running outside and working out at Studio Bar, she loves spending time with her son, reading, and spending time with family and friends.
- 31:49 – Barbara’s Muckel’s contact information:
Reviews Help a Ton!
Thanks for joining me again this week. If you have any tips, suggestions, or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Thank you!
And finally, please leave an honest review for The Tri Town Advice Givers Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.